People naturally think I will use every bit of information they send. I apologize for any disappointment, but I cannot possibly process all the information I receive, EVEN if I were getting paid for the effort. So please understand this rule governs all I do with this project:
That is another way of saying some kinds of information are much more valuable than others.
The chart below shows my priorities for handling information, depending on the type of information I receive, where it comes and how much time I have available.
- Correspondence concerning corrections to the database.
- Correspondence concerning corrections to this website.
- New certificate listings from correspondents.
- Price updates from correspondents.
- Serial numbers from correspondents that include scans, photos or copies.
- Inquiries about railroad certificates.
- Inquiries seeking permission.
- Listings from closed auction house sales.
- Listings from closed sales on eBay.
- Images of autographs from celebrities already included in this project.
- Inquiries about railroad companies and history.
- Serial numbers from online images captured by correspondents (when accompanied by images.)
- Serial numbers from books, magazines and other sources (when accompanied by images.)
- Inquiries about celebrity autographs not included in this project.
- Inquiries about off-topic subjects.
- Inquiries about non-railroad certificates.
- Non-illustrated reports or listings of certificates, regardless of source.
- Serial numbers from Excel lists.
- Links to online sources of information about certificates (maybe.)
- Requests for prices estimates of certificates listed in some auction. (I don't do this.)
- Appraisals (I do not do appraisals.)
- Links to online sources of certificate listings. (I do not follow links.)
- Links to active eBay sales. (I do not follow links to ANY eBay sales.)
- Links to online sources of serial numbers. (I do not acquire information in that manner.)
- Requests to add non-railroad companies to the database.
- Requests to add other collectibles to the project.
Send an email message
with corrections, questions or comments about this page.
(Last updated October 29, 2015)